Helen Millington MA MSTSD
Lincoln School of Speech & Drama
Helen has been directing, acting and producing theatre for 25 years and, as such, has gained extensive experience in a wide variety of performance-related fields. She attended Central School of Speech and Drama and then, following several years spent travelling and living abroad, returned to university as a mature student and graduated from the Lincoln School of Performing Arts (LSPA) at the University of Lincoln with an honours degree in Drama, before completing a Masters degree in Contemporary British Theatre. During her studies, she undertook a number of specialisms including Twentieth Century American Drama, Aspects of Acting, Early Modern Drama, Theatre and Consciousness and Restoration to Melodrama.
Helen is currently researching for a PhD in Theatre Studies at the University of Essex, focussing on the themes of toxic and hyper masculinity and how suicide is represented on the contemporary stage.
Helen began teaching speech and drama privately several years ago. She specialises in corporate workshops and teaching employees how to use their voices effectively in business. Please get in touch to discuss how Helen can improve your employees vocal techniques and work with them on topics such as presentation technique, how to engage effectively with clients and how to deliver the perfect ‘elevator pitch’.
She also teaches subjects such as English and vocal techniques to a wide range of students, from coaching children and young people through Trinity certificates, to assisting students taking GCSE and ‘A’ Level English and helping people with presentation and voice techniques. Helen teaches all aspects of theatre and performance skills, and has a particular interest in verse, prose and contemporary theatre.
- Member of the Society of Teachers of Speech and Drama (STSD)
- Trustee of the Wolfit Festival of Music, Drama and Verse
- Secretary of the Lincoln Music and Drama Festival (LMDF)
- Delivers corporate workshops to industry leaders, national companies and local government
- Holds certificates in Acting and Speaking Verse & Prose from Royal Academy of Dramatic Art (RADA), London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA), and Guildhall School of Music and Drama
- Teaches speech & drama to students at a private school in Stamford
- Ambassador for Terry O’Toole theatre, North Hykeham
- Specialist in verse, prose, contemporary British theatre, performance, speech and vocal techniques
Please note, I have a strict 48 hour cancellation policy for private clients. Cancellations made with under 48 hours notice are charged at the full rate. Corporate work requires 1 weeks notice to cancel, otherwise charges are due in full.